Recently I’ve seen a rise in cancer around me. Both clients, friends and family. So what are we doing wrong in our daily lives to cause cancer?
We know cancer is on the rise, and the statistics are by an estimated 128,000 cancer cases are diagnosed each year with this set to rise to 150,000 by 2020.
1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women in Australia will be diagnosed with cancer by 85years of age.
The most common cancers in Australia are prostate, bowel or colon, breast, skin and lung cancer. These account for over 60% of all cancers (Cancer Council Australia). It is also costing over 3.8 billion in direct health care costs.
So what can we do to prevent this scary C word happening to us, so that we are not the 50% of the population who will be diagnosed with cancer.
Below are some helpful tips to prevention of cancer:
1. Drink hot lemon (2-3 slices) water each morning. Don’t add sugar! This is detoxes the liver and cleanses the intestines. Cold lemon water only has vitamin C, no cancer prevention properties. Clinical tests have proven this helps prevent cancer.
2. Drink 1-2 cups of green tea a day.
3. Eat more yellow and purple sweet potato, they have good cancer prevention properties.
4. Eat dinner early, so your digestive system has at least 3 hours to digest before you sleep. Often taking supper late at night can increase the chance of stomach cancer.
5. Limit your protein intake, never eat more than 4 eggs per week!
6. Avoid eating the pope’s nose or chicken bum as this can cause stomach cancer.
7. Never eat fruit after a meal, always eat it before a meal!
8. During menstruation for women, do not drink tea.
9. Drink less soy milk, do not add extra sugar or egg to soy milk.
10. Don’t eat raw tomatoes on an empty stomach. It is too acidic. Eating cooked tomatoes has more healing properties than raw tomato.
11. Avoid toasted bread when it first comes out of the oven or toaster.
12. Do not charge your mobile phone or electronic devices right next to you whilst sleeping. Keep it at least half a meter away.
13. Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day to prevent bladder cancer. Drink more during the day time, and less water at night.
14. Drink a maximum of 2 cups of coffee a day.
15. Eat less oily deep fried foods. It takes 5-7 hrs to digest which is unhealthy for the intestines and stomach and can make you feel tired.
16. Eat foods that make your body happy such as deep sea fish, bananas, grapefruit, whole meal bread, spinach, garlic, pumpkin, low fat milk, chicken, peaches.
17. Try to sleep at least 8 hours a day, less than that lowers your immunity and may deteriorate brain function. Taking afternoon nap may keep you young and healthy.
18. Reduce the intake of synthetic foods
19. Treat chronic stress! When the body is constantly in a stressed state, toxins and cancer cells are more likely to form.
20. Be-Happy, positive and smile. Negative emotions can impact our moods and cause toxins and stagnation in the body. See someone if you are suffering from depression.
21. Reduce alcohol consumption.
22. Reduce the intake of prescription, non-prescription and recreational drugs.
23. Eat a more clean, alkaline diet that is full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes on a daily basis which will support a more healthy immune system. Eg: algae, fermented foods, aloe vera, bee pollen, kale, cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, mushrooms
24. Get at least 15-20 mins of fresh air and sunshine.
25. Reduce or completely eliminate your intake of refined sugars, dairy, glutinous grains (wheat, barley, spelt), soy, pork (even when organic).
26. Reduce rice, oats and corn.
27. Reduce animal protein unless it is organic and grass fed, chicken that is free range and organic and fish that is wild and not farmed.
28. Avoid any impurities in food, air and water.
29. Do a regular liver cleanse.
30. Meditate and breathe more!
31. Get regular acupuncture! This keeps the body in balance, prevents toxic build up and moves blood and energy blockages in the body. It also increases our immune system by treating our gut (Spleen and Stomach) to prevent disease.
The above are just some tips that we can begin to change in our daily diet and lifestyle. However the most important thing is that negative thoughts and chronic stress contribute to the growth of cancer cells. So turn that smile upside down, stop focusing on the past, and look to the present moment and be optimistic and positive.
For more tips please read our other blog post: Prevent Cancer